August 19, 2010

16 Month old Boss of the House.

Oh you parents out there already know this. Yup. I have not been the boss since e was born, but her reign is becoming ever more apparent with every passing day. Me thinks the summer vacay and the very individualized and unabashadly adoring attention she has thus received from her shameless mother have made my child spoiled.

Make that SPOILED.

Yup e wants what she wants when she wants it and if no, then temper tantrum will ensue. Oh yes. No matter where or with whom. Be prepared.

Today at play date she practically mopped the floor with her tears. I searched high and low for a 'slippery when wet' sign so as to not get our asses sued.

And tonight at our family dinner outting, she decided (an hour earlier than planned) that by gumbo, it was time to go home.

She marched on over to me. Bullied me to pick her up. Turned to our hosts and waved. Then she said ba-bye.

I thought she was being cute and coy, so I foolishly tried to put her down, and she dug into me, claws, feet, legs, with all her might. 

And she screeched.

I look emploriningly at my friends, and hope that she is not the sole reason they have no children...

And then, when I finally unpry her, she continues to cry, stomps to the door and bangs on it. 

There was no cue more obvious.

She wanted to go home N.O.W.

And if we did not follow suit. Well our dinner date was ended regardless: as far as she was concerned, her way or hell to pay.

But I love her. And I chalk it up to her independent, albeit belligerent, spirit.

And I do hope it only half turns my friends off (the less disgusted the better), and that they all aren't commenting on how they raise or would raise their children to behave better.

Ah, e - you make my life interesting.

(We won't even get into the food she whipped all over our friend's nice, white carpets.)...Maybe if they reconsider their child-less status, they might reconsider the white carpeting...

A thought.

2 comments:

  1. your daughter sounds adorable - and much like myself at her age...apparently there was a time when I wanted a car that looked like a shoe from toys 'r us, and I sat in it and cried until my parents gave up and bought it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous20.8.10

    What a little devil...I think your friends should reconsider white carpets regardless of kids/pets or not. They're just not practical, as my mother would say...That reminds me of what your mother said about your beautiful, dark hardwood floors...Hee hee...

    --le

    PS: Oct. 3 is good :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails