January 23, 2010

The Saturday Network -- Visitng A Pile of Books


After stopping by at the Saturday Network, I moseyed on over to My Pile of Books to check it out! This site is a YA book review site, and it is very well done. Mature, easy to follow, concise. The reviews include summaries of the young adolescent novels, then a clear review. The ratings are based on where they deserve to fall in your pile of books: top picks, reaching new heights, middle fo the stack, a bit buried or bottom of the barrel. Hilarious and easy to understand! The books are also rated based on audience appropriateness, pg, pg13, R, etc. I think this review site is a great way to review a book so that those who teach adolescents (which I do!) or parents who want to buy books for their teens, know exactly what they are getting without having to read and screen every book they buy.

I wonder about the three authors of the site, Guinevere, Erin Writes, and Aubrey. How old are they? What is their background? What, other than the love of books, motivated them to start this site?

Overall, great content!!! I will be back again

2 comments:

  1. I wonder about the three authors of the site, Guinevere, Erin Writes, and Aubrey. How old are they? What is their background? What, other than the love of books, motivated them to start this site?

    I can answer these questions! ;)

    We are all young moms and avid readers and write some on our own as well.

    We all come from very different backgrounds but became friends because of our love of books and writing.

    For me, starting the site was about my love of books purely. I was part of another very popular book blog (My Favorite Author) before the initiator of that blog had to take a break and put that blog on hold.

    I didn't want to stop blogging - it had become part of my life - so I started my own. Shortly thereafter asking my friends to join me in reviewing, as I can't get through My Pile of Books as fast as I would like.

    Thanks so much for featuring us! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loveeee the Saturday Network!

    I have an award for you here:
    http://iswimforoceans.blogspot.com/2010/01/saturday-scribbles-3-awards.html :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails