September 23, 2011

Shopping - Shopping - Shopping!

Okay. I am going to make a promise here to you today and I am going to try to stick to it!

(After I make the following statement, I am sure most of you will roll your eyes and say, 'Yah, right')...

Regardless,

Here goes:

I am going to attempt not to buy ANY clothes, shoes, accessories for a full year (for myself).

Let's see, today is September the...23rd. 

Can I do it?

I am seriously going to try.

What prompted this goal, you might ask?

Well, yesterday, as is usual of this time of year, I got into fall cleaning mode: out with the summer-ware, in with the fall-winter ware. And I realized something astonishing. I have a sh*t load of clothes!

You might already have known this...

But I did not.

Not really.

But after having two babies, I have clothes that fit me within a sixty lb range. 

SERIOUSLY!

Impressive, non?

And what I am very proud of myself for doing is thus (*ahem): last year I did my maternity shopping solely at H&M.

But do they have a maternity section?, you might be asking yourself...

Um. No.

However, the styles of late have been about big tops, sweater dresses, leggings, etc. All clothing styles that work well with growing bellies.

So those were the styles I bought. And guess what? They're still in style this year.

And I will be starting at a new school next March, so for many weeks, every outfit I wear will be brand-new to them...

(Not that I am deluded into thinking anyone else REALLY cares what I am wearing)...

But it's a good thing all the same.

And so, after unloading two separate wardrobes, and the in-between stage outfits as well, I've come to the conclusion that there is sincerely no need for buying new clothes.

Also, some outfits I bought some five or more years ago (even before I started my official teaching gig), I am looking at with new fashion eyes: I can see new ways to wear them, new combinations to try!

I shopped my closet people! And I liked it! In fact, it's the only budget, price, option I can afford these days...

Goodness. I might be maturing..

I am putting my money into savings rather than spending it on clothes...

I might need to stay OUT of stores, including anything JOE FRESH related, though...Or I MIGHT be in T-R-O-U-B-L-E! Want vs. Need and all that...
Do you think I can do this?????

.....


However, all this said, maybe you noticed?

Nowhere in this post did I say anything about not buying make-up.

I mean really, let's be realistic here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails