September 20, 2011

Philosophy

I took e for a walk tonight. And she took her baby for a walk in her baby's little umbrella stroller. While most people choose to walk on the sidewalk and make their walk easier, e decided to fight through the grass instead. She was often stuck, exclaiming emphatically 'I stuck!' But this constant issue did not dissuade her or motivate her to change her route.

Nope.

She is my daughter.


My mom asked me once why I chose not to listen to her advice or learn from her mistakes.

My response was thus (ahem): Because MOM. I want to make my own mistakes, fall on my own ass, and learn at my own pace, in my own time, in my own way.

Like e is proving, I liked the hard road way better. I enjoyed jumping head first into and at life no matter the cost or the resistance.

Even with my imploring with her to take the easier path, e, too, seems to enjoy the tougher path. 

Oh dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails