August 24, 2011

Life After iPhone

Last Maternity Leave, I was acquainted with the wonderful blogging world. I felt revitalized, renewed, tech-savvy even! When I went back to work and was presented with new technologies I could use in my classroom, I was not afraid, I was pumped! After all, I was now a pro at all things technology, thanks to my days blogging and htmling, etc....

Nothing to this technology stuff, I thought!!! (In years past, though, I would cower at the idea of trying anything new in the technology realm...)

This Maternity Leave, I've become acquainted with the wonderful iPhone. Since the world of blogging is often referred to as the blogosphere,  I feel like the iPhone should be called the iPhonesphere, because it too opens up a whole new world of possibilities, of thinking, of being. 

(Sounds dramatic, but it's true!)

Not only have I, the world's worst photographer--(not only am I bad at taking good shots, I rarely take the time to even pull out a camera to take a picture)--become a both a photographer and video-grapher, but it's actually been a natural and easy progression!

I know!!

I am pretty much addicted to documenting, in fact! And what perfect timing too, as my children are growing, I want to be sure to document their phases and stages. I am always taking a picture or videoing something new that they are accomplishing. And I feel so engaged and involved;-)....

It's awesome.

And going out for a night on the town with my iPhone means getting some really fun stills of my friends. AND if I lose my friends (even under the same roof), I simply have to text them, and voila!I can find them!

Life is good with the iPhone;-)...

Not only is it good for documenting and orienting, the iPhone is also good for communicating. If you know me, you know that my hubby and I get along really well, and we also fight really well. We're equals in every way, which means we meet equally eye to eye or when we don't quite agree, it`s with similar conviction.

What does the iPhone have to do with this fact you might ask?

...

Well, the iPhone has permitted us to express ourselves possibly a bit better. My apology sounds just that bit more sincere in a text format

...

My explanation seems a bit more considered

...

My texts are more honest sounding sometimes than my voice

...

Odd, but true. Maybe more intimate thoughts come from brain to finger than from brain to voice?

I was always told I didn't think before I spoke...Maybe I am more considerate when I type?

hmm...

Another bonus with the iPhone? Well, I have to say this one is my hands down favourite: I can track my diet and fitness regiment. In fact, I would say that there is no excuse for me to not keep myself fit and healthy with this trusty little iPhone friend of mine. Not only can I use MyFitnessPal to track (and even scan) my foods to ensure I am eating the proper quantities and nutrients, I can now track all my workouts through NIKEPlus and iPhone. 

I know, right? 

Awesome.
And not only that, I can play the most up-to-date music from my new App, TuneinRadio, and I am never bored on the treadmill...

Each new song is a surprise...Unlike in the olden days when I had my trusty portable CD player with my finite CD selection and redundant music choices...

Now everything about working out seems vast, infinite and exciting.

And it's all because of my trusty new iPhone.

Along with all these wonderful new Apps and abilities my iPhone offers, I am also more able to stay in contact with people. I figure this phone is gonna make me more popular!

I can fb whenever and wherever I want! I can twitter away all day if I so choose!!!

(though I need more friends to follow - any takers???)

...But most importantly, I can text rather than telephone whomever! And I like that...People can reach one another and reply to one another in their own convenient time rather than immediately--very important for all the moms and dads out there who have to contend with naps, dinner-making, bed-time, bath-time, cleaning, tantrums, etc...All these incidences in a day leave very little time for actual immediate conversing...but a text, WELL, that's do-able!

Again, I'd say me texting is better than me talking any day;-)!


Oh! And I almost forgot! I am more current than I ever used to be. Being the little busy, frenetic girl that I am, sitting down to a newspaper was really not my thing...But now, with all my newspaper Aps and PerezHilton Aps (hey, that's news, too, isn't it???), well now, I am pretty up-to-date on events...


Never mind that all I really need to do to get my news is read my friends' status updates or the recent trending tweets on twitter;-)...


I am so current, I might even be future...


um...did that make sense...
The only downfall to this whole iPhone thing, I'd say, is that I may possibly be too connected, (I might even say I sometimes am a bit over-present on fb)....However, I bet one day that such a notion of being over-exposed or being too connected will no longer exist...

It will be the norm...

I really enjoy being up-to-date with technology and am hoping to figure out ways to use this knowledge in the classroom, with Trending Walls, and Twitter Tweets, and fb Status Updates....And also by syncing my iPhone with my future Mac Book, IPad, etc., with my Smart Board, so I can teach with my trusty technologies!

Being a good teacher means knowing the same if not more than my students when it comes to technology and Media - so I hope to continue to learn and use all my new gadgets and Internet lingo in my classroom on a daily basis.

And all of this advancing on my part? -- could not have happened without my iPhone. 

I heart my iPhone.

The End.

(ps - I hope you know I am always slightly hyperbolic in what I say...you can determine what`s exaggerated;-)!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails